Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Top Ten in 2010: #8

Silliness...yes, I'm thankful for silliness.  There was a time--shortly after being married--that I was less than thankful for silliness.  There was the time when Mrs. O was hollering, "Oh, no!  What's that?"  She was pointing to a brown fuzzy spot on the floor.  It was fuzzy to me, because I wasn't wearing my glasses.  I can only see about 6 inches from my face without my glasses, so I ran to rescue my new bride from the horrors that were lying on our bathroom floor.

It was a leaf.

She was teasing me.  She knew that I couldn't see without my glasses.  First thing in the morning, she was teasing me.  I was not thankful for silliness that day.

Now, I am thankful for silliness.  I have learned to be thankful for silliness.  I have learned that you don't have to be good to sing in the car.  I have even become comfortable singing with Mrs. O which is a big step for me.  I have learned that the best joke is the one you play on yourself.  I have learned that I have more fun when I don't take myself too seriously.  I have learned that a real smile reaches my eyes.  I have learned how to laugh with abandon.

Thank you, Mrs. O for teaching me to expand my serious comfort zones and laugh until I cry.  I dearly love to laugh.  I didn't know what I was missing!

Top 10 in 2010: #9 
Top 10 in 2010: #10

No comments:

Post a Comment